LANAP, or Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure, is a procedure that treats periodontal (gum) disease with the use of a highly specialized Nd:YAG laser. This laser is used to remove the infected and dead tissue of the gums around the roots of the teeth, while not only leaving the healthy, live tissue safe, but also stimulating it to regenerate.
LANAP is one of the newest and most advanced procedures for the treatment of periodontal disease, and its precision and effectiveness is quickly making it one of the most notable advances in periodontics. Patients undergoing LANAP, in comparison to more traditional treatments for periodontitis, can typically expect:
- less post-procedure discomfort
- less inflammation and bleeding during and after the procedure
- less chance of dental decay following the procedure
- a more aesthetic appearance of the gums after the procedure
- a faster rate of healing and gum regrowth
If you are suffering from periodontitis, please ask us about LANAP as your treatment solution.